It’s almost a month since Hogwarts started its another magical term. And, speaking of magic, how often have you wished to store your thoughts inside a stone basin which would take you to those memories if you wished to or get an elf do all your work, but of course you can’t. Coz you’re not in Hogwarts! Oh God! I’m talking like Superwoman. Anyway, that is no the point. What was the point, anyway? Oh God, I’m having a total short-term-memory-loss thing going on here. Wish I could have some of those mind-enhancing potions Snape made…… of course, that is what I was talking about. Stuff that is only in Harry Potter universe and we nerds DESPERATELY want it to come real.
1. Time-Turner: If you’re a muggle you should know, it’s this plain chain with a pendant of concentric circles and an hourglass in between.
In the book, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Hermione uses it to go back in time and take classes, of all things! Nerds! And, best of all its so compact, no like the huge throne thing these idiots got.
2. Marauder’s Map: Ok, imagine a map of a place where you can actually see who’s going where. It’s like watching a whole building in a CCTV but with less baggage. I would love to have one for my office, to flee whenever my manager comes around. Only if I could reset the password. Everyone’s is managing mischiefs.
3. The magical chess set: Ok, you know the rules of chess, but what if the pieces were alive to come and could actually fight. A pansy bishop would be begging for life if a pawn would be daring enough. God! If only I would have one, no one would defeat me by making all those crazy moves which eventually take me hours to figure out.
4. Hermione’s purple beaded bag: This would actually solve all of my problems coz I am yet to find a bag which would actually accommodate my diaries, books, makeup, gym clothes and shoes, lunch, snacks, water bottle, mints, medicines and loose change and not be heavy enough to cut a scar on my shoulder.
5. Invisibility Cloak: Do I even have to say? You have something that you can use to go anywhere whenever you want, who wouldn’t want it!
6. Butterbeer: Though, I haven’t tasted it yet somehow, on hearing butterbeer I get this yummy buttery caramel-sort of taste in my mouth. Something, that can produce that kind of taste just by imagination, how great would its taste be in reality.
7. Mirror of Erised: A lot of people won’t really agree with me on this, but a mirror that actually shows you what you want is the thing you need when you are working 16 hours a day and still asking questions, ‘what do I want?’ In those moments, it’ll show you your heart’s desire.
8. The Firebolt: Though I disagree, my brother thinks it’ll be great to fly on a broomstick. Whatever! Sitting on thin jagged wood, no cushioning, legs hanging on the either side, it’d be so uncomfortable to sit on a broomstick. Why would he even say that! Boys!
9. Sorcerer’s stone: I’m not too sure about this. A rock that can turn any metal to gold and make you immortal is bound to bring more threat to death than immortality.
10. The two-way mirror: OK, we have Skype and video calling and stuff. But, what about no internet. Trust me, a two-way mirror is the answer, only if it was real.
If only…… I can’t even get a black sequins shrug when I want, firebolt toh door ki baat rahi. Wish you could get a store on GoShoppin just saying, ‘we sell Hogwarts merchandise here, come running!’ Huh! GoShoppin, hmph!